Thread: 6.4.8.16916

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 6.4.8.16916

New Thread for version 6.4.8.16916, released by Andrei today.

* New Export Playlist command in Media Tools plugin
    * Bug fixes:
    o Intermittent crash during playback via authenticated Logitech Server
    o Inconsistent playback tracking with "Don't remember partial album playback" option
    Last edited by Joebugs; 01-16-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Andrei.. thanks for the playlist option... there is nothing like this that I could find anywhere else. Every other playlist generator depends on the file tags in the mp3 file. Once you have your OCD data fields populated you can generate some very unique playlists. Like all tracks that Jimmy Page appears as a guest musician. Or all christmas songs from the 1940's. Or rock songs featuring the trumpet...

Thanks again.

Fred

OK.. so playing around with it I "currently" ;O) have no complaints.. just a suggestion...

One thing related to the playlist would be an option to "copy" the tracks themselves somewhere else... another folder or to an attached MP3 player, or flash drive. My car radio has a usb port and will play mp3's (and other formats) from it, and this would be a nice feature to copy the results of the advanced search over to it.

Let's call it "copying the playlist files out of OCD". That would make it easy for me to create a "mix" for the car depending on who may be riding with me. Like if we were going on a road trip with my parents my music selection probably wouldn't include Nirvana.

So.. anyway just a thought, I don't know how easy or difficult it would be.

Thanks for listening.

Fred

As the only MP3 players I have are iPods I do not know how general this is, but.... A playlist I create in OCD can be imported to iTunes. In iTunes I can then copy the playlist to my iPod (which, of course, copies the files). Over time this is likely to lead to duplication of files on the iPod, so I'd use it with caution. I use JetAudio (from COWON - plays music files other than MP3 and doesn't have the bloat of WinAmp) on my desktop and it looks as if it will also copy the files in a playlist, such as one imported from one created by OCD, to a portable device. I don't know what you use to transfer files to your portable device, but if it can import OCD created playlists you can probably use that to copy the files in the playlist to the portable device.

Quote Originally Posted by frederf View Post
    OK.. so playing around with it I "currently" ;O) have no complaints.. just a suggestion...

One thing related to the playlist would be an option to "copy" the tracks themselves somewhere else... another folder or to an attached MP3 player, or flash drive. My car radio has a usb port and will play mp3's (and other formats) from it, and this would be a nice feature to copy the results of the advanced search over to it.

Let's call it "copying the playlist files out of OCD". That would make it easy for me to create a "mix" for the car depending on who may be riding with me. Like if we were going on a road trip with my parents my music selection probably wouldn't include Nirvana.

So.. anyway just a thought, I don't know how easy or difficult it would be.

Thanks for listening.

Fred

Thanks Jazz_North

That is an option that I wasn't aware of. As for music for the car I just copy the files over, but a program that supports moving over the files in a playlist sound much easier.

Thanks for the info.

Fred

For those interested.....

I found this nice small program that will copy the files from the playlist...
    [url]http://www.amok.am/en/freeware/amok_playlist_copy/[/url]
    For Ipod users... just use Itunes, but what I need is not an ipod location just a usb drive.

Fred