Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.4.7.16830

Default 6.4.7.16830

Downloaded and installed new version.

Comments:

Discogs API 2.0 support: Worked well for me. Registering is easy and fast.

Track Grouping: Worked well for me. Bug solved.

ID3v2.2: Sorry did not test. I use OrangeCD for CDs & Vinyl only.

Played time: Although Played time was updated it isn't working well. I played part of a CD for about ten minutes. Played time added was for whole CD playing time, 74 minutes. Sending bug report.

Andrei thanks for the improvements. OrangeCD keeps getting better; well worth the wait.

Also installed the new version. The only change of interest to me was the grouping variables and they work just as I hoped they would. Now the only problem is the several thousand albums that have to be updated.

Installed fine... disapointed not seeing the playlist option added ;O(
    It had been mentioned over the past year as being worked on for the the next release... what happened?

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frederf View Post
    Installed fine... disapointed not seeing the playlist option added ;O(
    It had been mentioned over the past year as being worked on for the the next release... what happened?

Fred
    Likewise! I know we all want different things, but this was promised, Oh well... back to Media Monkey I guess. For playlists, anyway. Happy New Year everyone!

I have problem with this version. Kaspersky antivirus reports that the file is infected with Backdoor.Win32.Poison.ddhx

The path reported is: orgcdfull.exe//data0027.res/OrangeCD_Suite_Installer.exe//data0010//PE_Patch//ASProtect

I think it is some false positive resulting from use of encrypion/protection algorithms, but please could you check it carefully? Don't want to install backdoor on my machine

Default Sorting

Does the new build have more sort options, would it be possible now to sort artists by their primary name in the content menu ie Kate Bush would appear as Kate Bush, but be sorted by last name ie BUSH, Kate.
    I've posted on this subject before
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7907[/url]
    so any update would be most welcome

Quote Originally Posted by dancop View Post
    I have problem with this version. Kaspersky antivirus reports that the file is infected with Backdoor.Win32.Poison.ddhx

The path reported is: orgcdfull.exe//data0027.res/OrangeCD_Suite_Installer.exe//data0010//PE_Patch//ASProtect

I think it is some false positive resulting from use of encrypion/protection algorithms, but please could you check it carefully? Don't want to install backdoor on my machine
    It is false positive. Encryption algorithm caused it. Ironic part is that OrangeCD doesn't even use this protection anymore! It is included as part of automatic license upgrade for user convenience.

Out of curiosity, can you check the following installer with your build of Kaspersky? It was created next day:
    [url]http://orangecd.s3.amazonaws.com/orgcdfull_mp3fix.exe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    Does the new build have more sort options, would it be possible now to sort artists by their primary name in the content menu ie Kate Bush would appear as Kate Bush, but be sorted by last name ie BUSH, Kate.
    I've posted on this subject before
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7907[/url]
    so any update would be most welcome
    No, it's not done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    Likewise! I know we all want different things, but this was promised, Oh well... back to Media Monkey I guess. For playlists, anyway. Happy New Year everyone!
    Andrei,

Can you give us an idea of exactly where the playlist creation feature actually does sit in your list of priorities? And roughly when you would hope to deliver it? I know you can't be definite in regard to timings, but a clue would be extremely helpful! If you're not serious about it, or if there is a major problem in development, I would love to know. Because I don't want to do loads of work on my collection twice...

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Out of curiosity, can you check the following installer with your build of Kaspersky? It was created next day:
    [url]http://orangecd.s3.amazonaws.com/orgcdfull_mp3fix.exe[/url]
    This one downloads without any warnings. Good job