View Poll Results: Does removing Amazon support affect you?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I rely on Amazon data and it is irreplaceable

8 38.10%
  • Yes, but Discogs 2.0 and MusicBrainz are good replacement

4 19.05%
  • Not really

9 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Read: Amazon support is likely dropped from OrangeCD

Default Please Read: Amazon support is likely dropped from OrangeCD

Due to various constraints of Amazon API, it seems increasingly likely that Amazon support will be removed from OrangeCD.

It will be replaced with Discogs 2.0 and MusicBrainz support.

It is not an easy decision. Given that quality of Amazon entries is often not up to the standards, I would like to know if anyone actually depends on input from Amazon database to manage their collection.

Any other opinions on whether removing Amazon support is acceptable in long term is welcome!

Andrei,

Do you not consider it to be important to respond to user queries that have already been posted, rather than creating your own poll??

Personally, I feel that your responses to queries have never been very good... you have often been far to choosy about which queries you responded to. If you disagree with this comment, just take a look through these forums at all the posts that have never received any comment from you.

even if you were to just respond to queries once a week, that would be infinitely better than the situation that we have now. I feel that we the people that buy and support your software deserve a hell of a lot better!

I don't know about anyone else, but the less I hear from you, the less confidence / faith I have in you / Orange CD.

I apologise for the negative tone of my post, but I think it is time that you pulled your finger out, and started acting like a professional software developer, and not just some hobbyist... unless of course, that is all you want to be.

Take from this what you will!

David

Unhappy

I have just 'upgraded' to the latest version and it would appear that Amazon has already been dropped as a source, although the option still remains on the search. It would also appear that Discogs does not work either as I have recieved a negative return from them also.
    I have, in the past, used mainly Amazon for disc information as it was quick and easy. With discogs I have had to go through the hassle of opening an account with them and the giving Orange permission to use my account. However, this seems to be "broken" as I have not been able to get anything from thei source.

Quote Originally Posted by talliz46 View Post
    I have just 'upgraded' to the latest version and it would appear that Amazon has already been dropped as a source, although the option still remains on the search. It would also appear that Discogs does not work either as I have recieved a negative return from them also.
    I have, in the past, used mainly Amazon for disc information as it was quick and easy. With discogs I have had to go through the hassle of opening an account with them and the giving Orange permission to use my account. However, this seems to be "broken" as I have not been able to get anything from thei source.
    Amazon should still work.

Discogs now requires registering on their website before you can access any data. Make sure to register by going to [url]www.discogs.com[/url], then use your account and password first time you access Discogs functionality from OrangeCD.

Andrei

I rely on Amazon for the cover art and additional commente/reviews. The only experience I have no experience with discogs and through dBPoweramp with MusicBrainz. That experience has not been good. The meta data availale from MusicBrainz is less reliable than the other two sources in that application.

See my today's posting: I believe Amazon stopped working...
    I'm afraid the other options (Orange still lists only Amazons!) will be useless to me, as AFAIK they don't list classical music (?).

Both freedb and discogs have pretty extensive classical listings. Discogs has cover artwork as well. And unlike Amazon, Discogs has track timing.

Quote Originally Posted by barend View Post
    See my today's posting: I believe Amazon stopped working...
    I'm afraid the other options (Orange still lists only Amazons!) will be useless to me, as AFAIK they don't list classical music (?).

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Amazon should still work.

Discogs now requires registering on their website before you can access any data. Make sure to register by going to [url]www.discogs.com[/url], then use your account and password first time you access Discogs functionality from OrangeCD.

Andrei
    Am I missing something?
    Typed the url in Orange having been automatically login, proggie appeared in the right hand window.
    And now what?
    How can I use my barcode scanner?
    How do I enter a disc and its contents.
    Not copy by hand, surely?
    Last edited by barend; 02-23-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Default Not a Happy PAYING Customer

I have to say your timing here really stinks. I just purchased this program this past weekend and now less than a week later you remove one of the most important features to me and many others. This is very disappointing. I do not feel that I should have to spend more money on any other third party applications in order to make your software work. This is unheard of. And why is this happening? Because it's too hard for you to code the program using Amazon's API? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is this how you treat your paying customers? In all honesty, the program is pretty good but if you take out the Amazon feature than quite frankly it's really useless to me. I feel like I have been defrauded. Either put back the Amazon feature or I want a refund so I can go elsewhere.

Default Amazon

Please bring back Amazon, so much easier and has 99% of the titles I buy.