Thread: Types of Fields in Template Editor

Default Types of Fields in Template Editor

The fields available to a template are available in lists in the template editor. The fields have different icons and I was wondering if anyone - other than Andrei (whose answer I would be interested in) - knows what the difference is. I have identified three types:

Icon has a green background (the most common type)
    Icon has a blue background (these all appear to be links fields)
    Icon has a yellow background (with red foreground)

This color scheme is probably about the most useless feature of OrangeCD

Green color corresponds to simple data tags.

Blue color corresponds to clickable links. The start and end tags will produce <A HREF="something"> and </A>.

Yellow color is reserved for any tags that produce multiple values. For example, it's used for tags that enumerate tracks or artists. For example, <dax:track>...</dax:track> will reproduce the content between start and end tag as many times as there are tracks on the album.

I hope this helps!

Andrei

Thanks, Andrei. That is more or less what I expected. I usually try to figure such things out by using them, but I didn't quite know how to use the "yellow" ones. Are all the custom fields simple data tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    Thanks, Andrei. That is more or less what I expected. I usually try to figure such things out by using them, but I didn't quite know how to use the "yellow" ones. Are all the custom fields simple data tags?
    All the custom fields I've used are simple data tags. If you're asking whether it is possible to iterate over all the custom fields defined for a track or album, I see no way to do that.

However, most of what I know about writing templates I learned by looking at how the default template works.