• Slower than iTunes

0 0%
  • Go Get a Cup of Coffee and Come Back in an Hour

0 0%
  • Better Than Most Other Competitors

1 33.33%
  • Super Fast With No Complaints

2 66.67%

Thread: How well does it work with large collections?

Default How well does it work with large collections?

I've been collecting music for years and even DJ'd tracks and such. My library is just about 25 GB shy of a terrabyte with thousands of files. How well is the database perfromace with the software?

I am in dire need of something to help me keep track and would love to hear any feedback from other users is my boat.

In OrangeCD, it does not matter what is size of your music collection in GB. Only number of albums matter.

Also note that there is a known performance issue that has very easy workaround:
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=6901#2[/url]

After you performed these steps, you should see no performance problems up until 100,000s of albums.

Andrei

Hi all -

It works incredibly fast. I have a pretty middle-of-the-road computer, and have close to 50,000 albums listed. I don't use the built-in player, but have it linked to foobar and it responds immediately. This is with 6 external drives as well - any slowness is my system, not OrangeCD.

I have 5 different databases within Orange CD, and switching between one and another even takes less than 20 seconds.

I can't say enough.