Thread: Help with a query Please.

Default Help with a query Please.

I want to set up a query to search albums by decade, but don't seem to be able to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Well that going to depend on what date you are searching one. Myself I just use the release date on the first edit form. It has a drop down form to enter day month year, but I just use the year.

I tried just using the year in the search but that didn't work. I found that you had to enter the year as 00/00/1960 for example.

So a search entered as:
    Release Date occurs on or after 00/00/1960 AND Release Date occurs before 00/00/1970

works... for the 1960's (unless of course you consider the to be from 1961 thru 1970 as some do)

fred

I presume if you want to find all albums in a particular decade, e.g. the 1980's, you could use the query to search for all albums whose Year begins with "198".

Additionally you could add further conditions to refine your search.

Steven

Yea... that's even easier.. ;O)

fred

Quote Originally Posted by sbeck201 View Post
    I presume if you want to find all albums in a particular decade, e.g. the 1980's, you could use the query to search for all albums whose Year begins with "198".
    Steven, awesome. I was just about to recommend a way to build complicated query to achieve same purpose, but your way is of course much simpler.

Andrei

Fantastic! thanks.