Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help to change the player

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    Mine is set to the default as above; however when I played a CD with Windows Media player Last Time Played/Total Time Played fields were not updated.
    Where are you looking for the update?

All I can say is that last played updates just fine for me with either a filled-in command line like I used in the last message or with the automatic drop-down that Andrei suggested when I use Windows Media Player. So it isn't that OCD won't update, but you must have something set that doesn't let it do that. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post

Where are you looking for the update?
    The "Last Played" field does not update with or without the command line when I use the Windows Media Player. It updates fine when using OrangeCD. I must have or doing something
    wrong if it works for you.

The "Last Played" field does not update with or without the command line when I use the Windows Media Player. It updates fine when using OrangeCD. I must have or doing something
    wrong if it works for you.
    You have to initiate playback from OrangeCD using Play or Queue commands, or the Last Played field will not be updated. There is no feedback from WMP to OrangeCD. If you start playing from WMP, OrangeCD doesn't know anything about it (how can it?)

Andrei

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    You have to initiate playback from OrangeCD using Play or Queue commands, or the Last Played field will not be updated. There is no feedback from WMP to OrangeCD. If you start playing from WMP, OrangeCD doesn't know anything about it (how can it?)

Andrei
    Andrei, thanks for your reply. I got it now. I played a CD from the OrangeCD programme (not CD player) and Windows Media Player loaded and played the CD (I had to add CDA to the File Types- Known Media File Extensions in the Media Menu). Last Played Field updated immediately. However Total Time Played did not update. Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Last Played Field updated immediately. However Total Time Played did not update.
    Sounds like a bug. I'll look into it, thanks for noting this.