Thread: Various Artist listing appearing in all Album listings?

Default Various Artist listing appearing in all Album listings?

Hi all after some help please.

Whenever I add a various artist the same file then appears in all the other albums (ie, A,B,C,D etc) listings. I suspect that it is listing in the various artist lists for example; Eskimo Joe is one of the various artists and the Various Artist file will also appear in the "E" lsiting.

Why is this and how can I stop it?

Any help would be great...

Cheers

Andrew

If I understand your problem correctly, you want to choose Artists (no compilations) as your Browse By setting. If you are using some other Browse BY setting that includes Artist, such as the default Artist (overview) + Artist - which seems to be what you are using, here is what you do.

Right click in the left pane (the one with the folders)
    Select Customize View
    Artist should be listed in the Display these folders panel
    Highlight Artist
    At the bottom you will see a checkbox, No tracks
    Click on this checkbox
    Click Save as Preset
    OCD will suggest a name for this preset, but you can type in any that suits you

That should keep Various Artists from appearing anywhere but under Various Artists. However any tracks by Eskimo Joe that are on a Various Artists album will not appear under Eskimo Joe anymore. I don't think there is any way in the current version of OCD to show just the Eskimo Joe tracks on a Various Artists album under Eskimo Joe. But if there is I would appreciate learning how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hwystar View Post
    Hi all after some help please.

Whenever I add a various artist the same file then appears in all the other albums (ie, A,B,C,D etc) listings. I suspect that it is listing in the various artist lists for example; Eskimo Joe is one of the various artists and the Various Artist file will also appear in the "E" lsiting.

Why is this and how can I stop it?

Any help would be great...

Cheers

Andrew