Thread: Album count/statistics

Default Album count/statistics

Hi,

I'm sure that this has been mentioned before, but I can't remember if any resolution was found/issued.

The total number of "albums" in my OrangeCD database is 5141.
    The total number of albums in my Racks & Tags account is 4783.

This is after my most recent update, both numbers should be the same.

Is there any way to get OrangeCD to count the total number of unique releases and not just each disc?

When I add a double album, I want OrangeCD to record it as being one album, not two as it currently does.

The situation is further confused by the statistics info. I have one 10 album boxed set in my collection, each record was individually added, and grouped as a set. This should show in the statistics as ONE 10 album set, however with the way it works at present, I have TEN 10 album sets!!

Is this fixable? Maybe there's a tweak that can be done using DaxEdit?

Thanks

David

Quote Originally Posted by davidagbr View Post
    When I add a double album, I want OrangeCD to record it as being one album, not two as it currently does.
    I think this is the reason for incorrect album counts. Currently there is no automatic way to create double albums because FreeDB lacks that information.

To manually create double/multiple-disc album:
    1. select all components of it
    2. menu Tools -> Make Box Set
    3. switch to Volumes tab and make sure the discs are in correct order
    4. press OK

Andrei

Sorry Andrei,

I think you misunderstood. All the multiple disc sets I have, are added as individual discs, then grouped as sets (as per your instructions).

OrangeCD is counting each individual disc, rather than the set.

David

To further illustrate the issue, I have attached a screenshot from my collection.

I have two 3x12" vinyl sets. Each individual vinyl has been added separately, then grouped as a boxed-set.

As can be seen at the bottom of the image, the disc count is 6. I have highlighted all the parts of one set, and the disc count is 3/6.

This is how OrangeCD appears to count ALL multiple disc sets.

I have just deleted these two albums from my collection, and the total disc count was reduced by six.

This screenshot shows the same two multiple disc sets as seen in my collections statistics.

According to the statistics I have SIX 3x12" vinyl sets. Again, OrangeCD is counting the individual (grouped) parts.

I hope this further illustrates my query.

Regards

David

David,

Check menu Database -> Grand Totals. This will display a number of albums in addition to number of discs. One of the numbers should match what you see on the website.

Andrei

Andrei,

Yes, that works, I have the two different numbers.

Now, how do I get the number of albums to be reported in the database statistics?

I want the "Total records" field on the Start Page, to be replaced by "Total Albums", and Database -> Statistics -> etc to also reflect the total number of albums (not individual discs as it currently does).

Are this possible?

David

I'm assuming that as far as the start page is concerned, this should be changeable using the OrangeCD template editor, and that this is the line that needs changing:

<p>Total records: <span class="stat"><dax:totalvolumes/></span></p>

The question is, what should <dax:totalvolumes/> be changed to?

Thanks,

David

Quote Originally Posted by davidagbr View Post
    The question is, what should <dax:totalvolumes/> be changed to?
    Sorry, there is no equivalent tag for computing number of albums. It was not implemented for performance reasons.

The actual number of albums can only be found via Grand Totals dialog.

That's both very surprising and very disappointing!

Is there any way to get the information from the "Grand Totals dialog", into a more usable form?

As the software is already calculating the grand totals, surely it can't be too difficult to get the software to accurately report the totals elsewhere??

Thanks

David