Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grouping tracks for suites

Default Grouping tracks for suites

Andrei,

Thanks for the new update. This looks interesting. Please can you explain how it works.

Regards

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    Andrei,

Thanks for the new update. This looks interesting. Please can you explain how it works.

Regards

Joe
    Ok I managed to group tracks; great feature.
    I am sending a screen capture by email as the end track in the album view does not look good and needs to be shifted in line with the other tracks.

OCD keeps getting better.

I've just tested the new track grouping feature. It is potentially a great addition - especially for classical music such as symphonies and concertos with separate movements. Alas, the man-hours involved in going back and applying the feature retrospectively would be a serious deterrent.

The niggle pointed out by Joebugs that "the end track in the album view does not look good and needs to be shifted in line with the other tracks" is quite a big drawback as it stands.
    I assume can be ironed out eventually.

Could those of you have solved the mystery of grouping give a brief explanation of how it works. Even where the find the magic word "Group" would be a help.

Go to Record properties, Tracks, Right click on the track you want to start the group, Go to Start Group. (Start Group is underneath Start Vinyl Side). Name the Group. Right click on the track you want to end group. End Group.

Quote Originally Posted by gurnemanz View Post
    The niggle pointed out by Joebugs that "the end track in the album view does not look good and needs to be shifted in line with the other tracks" is quite a big drawback as it stands.
    I assume can be ironed out eventually.
    Thanks for feedback. This will be fixed in next update.

Thanks. And this displays where and how?

Go to Record properties, Tracks, Right click on the track you want to start the group, Go to Start Group. (Start Group is underneath Start Vinyl Side). Name the Group. Right click on the track you want to end group. End Group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    Thanks. And this displays where and how?
    The group will be displayed on the album properties page automatically.

PS. Do not use this feature before the next update as I am informed the next update will reset any group settings.
    Last edited by Joebugs; 08-14-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Default Group titles in lists

PS. Do not use this feature before the next update as I am informed the next update will reset any group settings.
    Thanks for letting me know. I really like this feature, as it will work well for classical pieces that are often in multiple movements. I'm a little hesitant to go whole hog with its use, though. What might the drawbacks be? When listing all the works by a single composer, will I see the group title next to the name of the movement? For example, I now include the title in the name of the movement, e.g., Symphony no. 5 in C minor, op. 67 - Allegro con brio. What if I move the symphony name to the group title, i.e., "Symphony no. 5 in C minor, op. 67," and rename the movement to "Allegro con brio?" Will the list by composer simply show "Allegro con brio," or will there be a field next to it with the group title, Symphony no. 5 in C minor, op. 67?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. I really like this feature, as it will work well for classical pieces that are often in multiple movements. I'm a little hesitant to go whole hog with its use, though. What might the drawbacks be? When listing all the works by a single composer, will I see the group title next to the name of the movement? For example, I now include the title in the name of the movement, e.g., Symphony no. 5 in C minor, op. 67 - Allegro con brio. What if I move the symphony name to the group title, i.e., "Symphony no. 5 in C minor, op. 67," and rename the movement to "Allegro con brio?" Will the list by composer simply show "Allegro con brio," or will there be a field next to it with the group title, Symphony no. 5 in C minor, op. 67?

Thanks
    It basically groups selected tracks under a heading. What I suggest is that you experiment with one album to see how it works/look. You can remove any group created without any problems. Eg: In album view it looks something like this for two albums on one cd:

Anytime...Anywhere

1. (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher 4:02
    (Gary Jackson/Raynard Miner/Carl Smith)
    2. The Way You Do The Things You Do 3:38
    (William "Smokey" Robinson/Bobby Rogers)
    3. We're All Alone 3:40
    (Boz Scaggs)
    4. I Feel The Burden (Being Lifted Off My Shoulders) 2:52
    (Glen Clark)
    5. I Don't Want To Talk About It 3:49
    (Danny Whitten)
    6. Words 3:27
    (Barry Gibb/Robin Gibb/Maurice Gibb)
    7. Good Times 2:45
    (Sam Cooke)
    8. Who's To Bless And Who's To Blame 3:40
    (Kris Kristofferson)
    9. Southern Lady 3:30
    (Mike Hazlewood)
    10. The Hungry Years 4:24
    (Howard Greenfield/Neil Sedaka)

Love Me Again

11. You 3:17
    (Tom Snow)
    12. Slow Dancer 4:04
    (Boz Scaggs/George Daly)
    13. Sweet Inspiration 3:02
    (Dan Penn/Spooner Oldham)
    14. Love Me Again 3:40
    (David Lasley/Allee Willis)
    15. It Justs Keeps You Dancing 3:08
    (Booker T. Jones/Donna Weiss)
    16. Bye Bye, Love 3:00
    (Boudleaux Bryant/Felice Bryant)
    17. The Jealous Kind 4:23
    (Robert C Guidry)
    18. Hello Love, Goodbye 3:49
    (Johnny Rodriguez)
    19. You're So Fine 3:06
    (Lance Finnie/William Schofield)
    20. Songbird 2:58
    (Christine McVie)
    Last edited by Joebugs; 08-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.