Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a future for OrangeCD

Andrei.. that is good news to see that you aren't abandoning OCD.

I know how time consuming a new project can be and I am glad that you are going to keep doing the minor fixes to the current version while you work on the new one.

On that note I will throw in my top request... Generate playlist from an advanced search result... as to why... I have purchased a WDTV Live Plus Media server... Just a little box that you can attach external USB drive or connect to your network to access all of your viedo, music and photos... and then to your TV. Their music support kinda sucks if you want to just use it as a jukebox to play random music. It will support playlist, but not generate them, and I don't necessarily want it to always play selections from my entire collection. But I also don't want to create playlist manually selecting what songs to include in a playlist. I want the function of the Advanced Search in OCD to create say a playlist of all songs from the 1960's OR 1970's with a genre of rock OR folk, AND NOT the artist bob dylan or artist joan baez... etc etc... Or a playlist of 1950's female jazz vocalists. There is nothing on the market that I can find that would do such a thing except OCD.

Looking forward to seeing beta releases of the NEW and IMPROVED OCD soon ;O)

Again thanks for letting us know that you are alive and well and working hard on our behalf.

Fred

Default Small inconvinieces

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Which means annoying Norton issue and some other problems will not go away for some time
    OK Andrei, we can wait for the new version (the modern one).

We will stand all inconvinieces till new OCD appears

I used Norton for many years until I started getting problems with OCD. I changed to Microsoft Security Essentials and solved all my problems. MSE is one of the best antivirus and is free.

MSE has great detection rates, particularly for rootkits. Even more impressive is that MSE has very few false positives, is light on resources and is good at removal of existing malware.

MSE is a great choice for average users because of the minimal user interaction required. It automatically updates and removes threats. No registration is needed, apart from a quick validating of Windows, and there are no nag screens or advertisements.

At this point I see no other solution as to stop working on new database engine and resume frequent incremental updates as it happened in 2009-2010.

Andrei
    Wouldn't it make more sense to concentrate on moving OCD forward, rather than treading water trying to plug the gaps in an ageing and increasingly obsolete UI??

I for one would much prefer a product that was moving forwards rather than looking backwards.

Regards

David

Perhaps I should reformulate.

There are two strategies:

1) Finish new storage engine and release it as next update. It may take months. There will be no updates in between.

2) Fix backlog of issues that can be fixed without new engine and release them as they come. Work on new engine in parallel until it's ready for prime time. Then, merge two branches and finally release the combined version with all the fixes and the new engine.

I'll focus on #2 from now on.

Andrei

Perhaps I should reformulate.

There are two strategies:

1) Finish new storage engine and release it as next update. It may take months. There will be no updates in between.

2) Fix backlog of issues that can be fixed without new engine and release them as they come. Work on new engine in parallel until it's ready for prime time. Then, merge two branches and finally release the combined version with all the fixes and the new engine.

I'll focus on #2 from now on.

Andrei

Andrei,

Thanks for letting us know about the future of OCD.

Joe

Thanks for that, Andrei - sounds like a plan! Hopefully making playlist creation as a priority (selfish of me...)

Keep up the great work!

Hey Andrei ;O)

Just wondering if there is any update on making the playlist output fuction... and/or a new update which would include this?

Thanks for any info..

Fred