Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused

Again, thanks for your reply Fred!

After your last response, I was inspired to once again try to sync my OCD database with Racks and Tags.... low and behold, it appeared to sync perfectly! Took about 20(+) minutes, but I now have 4,321 albums, all with cover art, so it is looking like I do have one of the old free Pro accounts. Albeit without all the Pro options.

As this is the first time in several years that I have actually managed to get a full sync, I am quite pleased!

Now, if I could hide fields that I don't want to share, that'd be great. Until then, my collection will have to remain "private" (which kind of defeats the object in my opinion).

And I agree, it would be nice to hear from Andrei about now!

David

Have to say that I'm more than a little shocked that after TWO weeks, Andrei still hasn't commented yet. I can't see that this bodes too well for the future of either Racks and Tags OR OrangeCD.

Technically, there are 3 types of accounts on server: free, auto-upgraded, and pro.

Free accounts: users who registered after beta period has ended have these by default. They are limited to 1000 albums and have no "pro" icon displayed anywhere (duh.)

Auto-Upgraded accounts: users who registered during beta period several years ago but haven't explicitly upgraded their accounts. These accounts have no limitations on upload (as promised), but they don't display "pro" icon. They also don't have access to pro-only features like privacy controls.

Pro accounts: users who explicitly upgraded their account one way or another get the "pro" icon.

I hope I'm making sense.

Andrei

Just to see if I understand this correctly...

The only difference between an Auto-Upgraded account and a free account is the upload limit. I am not sure what you meant by the upgrade "One way or another" to get the Pro icon... how many ways are there? Or do the Auto-Upgraded accounts have different options of upgrad than the free accounts?

Thanks

Fred

Fred and all,

I've just made few changes and now "auto-upgraded" should be identical to "pro" in all features. Could you check if you have access to privacy controls in Settings?

The only difference now is "pro" icon. I hope that's not big issue because it's pretty tedious to fix and I'd like to avoid disturbing codebase at this point. If lack of "pro" icon bothers you, post your account name and I'll manually upgrade it

Andrei

Andrei.. looks good... thank you kind sir ;O)
    And I don't need no stinkin' icon.... ;O)

Fred...