Here's a big list of things I've been thinking of for the past while and would like to see implemented into the OrangeCD Catalog software if at all possible. If any of this is already possible, please let me know!

Forgive me if some of these have already been suggested/discussed/denied before.

Aliasing - Could apply to artists but I lean towards implementing this in regards to producers/engineers, etc. For instance Neil Young also calls himself Bernard Shakey when he produces/engineers his albums, same with Bob Dylan being Jack Frost. If there could be some way to link a persons aliases into one so they would be easily to search for/come up nicely in statistics that would be great. Further details: when searching Bob Dylan under the prodcuers category, results for Jack Frost (and whoever else has been added as his alias) would also turn up.

Duration - Have duration be an optional field upon export to HTML and/or have it not show by default when the time is 0:00 as some analog releases (vinyl, cassette) may have track times that are harder to determine and "Total time: 0:00"/"Duration: 0:00" is a bit of an eyesore and technically is incorrect (as every album has a length). Much like how it doesn't say "0:00" beside each track when the length is not specified and instead leaves it blank.

Matrix Numbers - A place to enter matrix numbers would be handing when getting down to the nitty gritty of every minor detail. Discogs has a section for this when uploading a release and it would be nice to have it in OrangeCD. As it stands right now I just created a custom field and enter the information in there but I'm sure other people can figure out a better looking way to include it in the program. [URL="http://justsaynorecords.com/ocd/b0888d00.html"]Reference album[/URL] (also note the "Duration: 0:00" problem mentioned above).

More export options - I'd like to have virtually all available information on an album be optional to export via HTML. Producer, composer, reissue information, the whole nine yards.

More images - I'd like the capacity to add more images to an album, like scans of the record labels, inserts, etc. A gallery type of deal.

Multiple roles per person - Many people have more than one role they performed during the production of an album and simply typing "Alan Douches - Producer, Mixing, Mastering" leaves him out of the search individual results for "Producer", "Mixing", and "Mastering". One way to get him to show up is to list him three different times: "Alan Douches - Producer", "Alan Douches - Mixing", "Alan Douches - Mastering", but then that shows up rather awfully in the credits on the

Racks and Tags - Composers: When listing composers of individual tracks on an album and uploading to Racks and Tags, RaT displays the composers as the artist/performers ([URL="http://www.racksandtags.com/shakehurst/3486952/Louis-Armstrong-Hello%2C-Dolly!"]see here[/URL]). Louis Armstrong performed all those songs but they all get credited to the composers, the same way artists on a compilation get credited, which is quite confusing. I'd like to see composers not be listed like that on RaT.

Reissue Information - On the General tab when adding a new release to the database there is an option to input reissue information, but that information never gets displayed on the album page in the database nor is it even an option to be exported to any of the HTML templates. My personal preference is if it's a reissue that the album be sorted by the original release year and the reissue information listed and displayed in place of what the original release information would be.

For example:

Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly! (1964)
Reissued: 1972
Label: Coral COPS 1780
etc, etc, etc,

Where 1964 is the original year of release and 1972 is the reissue date. Though, perhaps "reissue" isn't exaclty the right term. While there's definitely reissues sometimes the same issue of the album might be released a year later in a different country and I wouldn't call that a reissue at all, so I'm not sure on how to word it, but I think you know what I mean.

Vinyl - On both Racks and Tags and HTML export I'd like to see the tracks actually separated by vinyl side (A1, A2, A3, etc, B1, B2, etc) instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, 7, 8, 9, etc like it is right now.

Thanks for taking the time to read this massive post and hopefully some of this stuff will be made possible!