Thread: Track Title search

Default Track Title search

Is there no way to search for Track Title?

I tried to search for Track Title using Ctrl-f and advance search; it finds the album but doesn't go to the track.
    This isn't a problem if a album has few tracks but it is very difficult if there is a media file list with 50 tracks.

I tried to do an ulterior search within the track window but there is no possibility to find a track even there.
    Is that correct or did I something wrong?

You can use advanced search for that purpose.

1. menu Query -> Advanced Search
    2. switch to Tracks tab
    3. construct query Track Title / contains / <text> and search.

That should produce a list of track with specific text in title.

Andrei

All I get is a 'Search failed' message. Is there something that can affect the operation?

Regards,

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by sbeck201 View Post
    All I get is a 'Search failed' message. Is there something that can affect the operation?

Regards,

Steven
    Strange, always worked perfectly for me.
    Are you using the latest release of OrangeCD

Version is 6.4.5 Build 15514. I only started using it this year (February I think).

It also has a performance issue where it becomes unresponsive for several minutes (top menubar states 'Not Responding'), this happens at various times, i.e. not just performing one particular action. I suspect that something is not set up correctly, but I've no idea what it might be. It's a pity because I chose OrangeCD over other programs because of its design and layout even though it was more expensive.

Regards,

Steven

Are you sure you are using "Track Title" and not just "Title"?
    and that you have the "Tracks" tab selected on the search window?

for performance issues.. check this thread and see if any of it pertains to you.

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=6901[/url]

Fred

I attached a screen grab with my message. You'll see I have the Track tab selected and the search is on Track Title (searching for tracks containing the word radio).

Just done another search for Artist is exactly Adele, this time with the Album tab selected - same result - Search Failed (should've found 2 albums).

I've previously followed the instructions in the link a while ago - no improvement (although it didn't give me the prompt "Database must be compacted once...".

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by sbeck201 View Post
    I attached a screen grab with my message. You'll see I have the Track tab selected and the search is on Track Title (searching for tracks containing the word radio).

Just done another search for Artist is exactly Adele, this time with the Album tab selected - same result - Search Failed (should've found 2 albums).

I've previously followed the instructions in the link a while ago - no improvement (although it didn't give me the prompt "Database must be compacted once...".

Steven
    Hi Steven,

Try reinstalling the software. Also make sure that the database is excluded from your Antivirus; especially if your using Norton.

Joe

Thanks for your help Joe.

I've excluded it from Norton so I'll see if that helps, if not, I'll try a reinstall.

Cheers,

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    Hi Steven,

Try reinstalling the software. Also make sure that the database is excluded from your Antivirus; especially if your using Norton.

Joe
    I've just installed the latest version of OCD and excluded it again from Norton.

The search now works and also performance is excellent. I think I had the Norton 'exclusion' settings incorrect previously.