Thread: Disappearing Albums

Exclamation Disappearing Albums

Hi all, I am busy loading albums onto the database and two in particular seem to either disappear or just won't load. These are 2 FLAC albums and have been tagged with Mp3tag in exactly the same way as all the others but will not show up in the database. Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

What do you mean by not loading?

Can you add these albums using Album -> Add media files menu?

Yes, that is the route I take to add albums from my existing collection. The albums appears to load (the progress bar shows while loading) but the albums is nowhere to be found. It is strange because the tags within the FLAC files are correctly configured with all the correct information (I use Mp3tag) so I can't see a problem. These albums are not appearing under a different artist name so I'm totally stumped. Do you want me to send a screenshot of the tagging info from within Mp3tag to help?

1) Do you have any other FLAC files in your collection? Did they import correctly?

2) Can you share one of the files by email, or any other way? There's probably something in the file that cause problem.

Andrei

Yes, I do have other FLAC files in my collection but it would take ages to upload any one of them to you as they are quite big in size and it could be any one of them that might be faulty. How about I start a new clean database and try to load them, then see what happens. Can this be done without affecting my existing database? Also I can send you a screenshot of the two troublesome albums from within Mp3tag for you to investigate...? Thanks for your support, I still remain blown away by your creation!!

Default Disappearing Albums

I have just created a new database and successfully loaded both problematic albums. I then reloaded my old database, deleted all the albums under the artist's name and tried to load the problematic albums from scratch. One loaded but the other did not. I opened the (problem) directory and spotted a file orangecd.ini and deleted it. Voila!! The album loads without any hassles... problem solved!! Did I do the right thing and has this happened before?