Thread: Windows7 and updates

Question Windows7 and updates

Hi, I have just finished my 30 day evaluation and was considering whether or not to buy. Two things are making me nervous...
    1. The system requirements do not mention support for Windows7, only Vista, XP, 2000 etc. It seems to work OK on my Windows 7 system - so why does the website not list it - Windows 7 has been out long enough!
    2. It has been over 6 months since the last update was released. Is the product still supported? If I buy now will there be a new version released soon I will have to pay for again?

Any views or comments appreciated

My brother has been using OrangeCD for quite some time now on Windows 7 without problem.

There is an update due out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by albu View Post
    Hi, I have just finished my 30 day evaluation and was considering whether or not to buy. Two things are making me nervous...
    1. The system requirements do not mention support for Windows7, only Vista, XP, 2000 etc. It seems to work OK on my Windows 7 system - so why does the website not list it - Windows 7 has been out long enough!
    2. It has been over 6 months since the last update was released. Is the product still supported? If I buy now will there be a new version released soon I will have to pay for again?

Any views or comments appreciated
    I have been using OCD with 64-bit Windows 7 for a year now without a single problem. And - as I understand it - once you've paid, that's it. You simply download the updates as and when Andre releases them. No extra cost. And there is an update due very soon - I'm running the beta, and it's good. No need for nerves!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    I have been using OCD with 64-bit Windows 7 for a year now without a single problem. And - as I understand it - once you've paid, that's it. You simply download the updates as and when Andre releases them. No extra cost. And there is an update due very soon - I'm running the beta, and it's good. No need for nerves!
    Same here (but Windows 7 32-bit/beta) -- no problems whatsoever.

Works wonderful on windows 7. I am using 64 bit and haven't experienced any operating system problems at all.

Thumbs up Windows7 and updates

OrangeCD is the best - buy it now without hesitation.
    Works 100% perfectly in Windows 7.
    Even though it's been unusually long since the last update, they're always free.

Dei