Thread: Various Composers anomaly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Various Composers anomaly

Many classical albums include more than one composer. If you show this by entering "Various composers" via the arrow to the right of the composer field, "Various composers" does not then appear in album view. If you actually key in "Various Composers" as the composer, it does, of course appear. I deliberately gave composer a capital C here to distinguish this mode of entry from the other one.

I did a check to see if I had forgotten a composer entry for any classical CD, by searching for classical/composer/is empty and it showed all the ones with "Various composers" (the ones which I had entered by clicking the arrow) as well as a few that were actually empty because I had omitted to enter anything. Isn't there a bit of an anomaly here?

Quote Originally Posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Many classical albums include more than one composer. If you show this by entering "Various composers" via the arrow to the right of the composer field, "Various composers" does not then appear in album view. If you actually key in "Various Composers" as the composer, it does, of course appear. I deliberately gave composer a capital C here to distinguish this mode of entry from the other one.

I did a check to see if I had forgotten a composer entry for any classical CD, by searching for classical/composer/is empty and it showed all the ones with "Various composers" (the ones which I had entered by clicking the arrow) as well as a few that were actually empty because I had omitted to enter anything. Isn't there a bit of an anomaly here?

Sometime ago I also highlighted some bugs in the "Composers" field.
    The album Composer and the tracks Composer fields are not related like the artist album/tracks fields. In fact I use the tracks composer field to enter composers. The album composer field is not automatically updated. Also when I click on the Statistics/Composer I get a none entry. This is very annoying.

The Composers fields need to be updated. A collaboration feature will also be very welcomed.