Hey, all. I'm new to this, but in the last 3 days, I've catalogued about 500 LP's. I'm loving the ease of use. I've backed up my files, too. I'm actually having fun finally organizing this collection! Any of you have similar experiences?

I'll give you a tip. I don't know if it's been mentioned, but sometimes I won't find the tracklistings for a rare album, but the tracks will be located in the notes section when I get the info from Amazon (Amazon does seem to be the best for finding albums. Many times I've looked for items on Freedb or Discogs to no avail, but those sites are handy on occasion). I'll separate the tracks (go to beginning of each track and enter), and have them descending down the page in order. Then, I'll highlight the tracks, copy, and then paste them on the tracks page. Everything appears in order, and numbered properly. I do like seeing the tracklistings on the right page, but I might be a little anal about these things. But when you learn a few shortcuts, it makes the process more enjoyable.

Regarding the three sites (Freedb, Amazon, and Discogs...It would be nice to have a GEMM tab or an Allmusic tab for info or pics, but I digress), though, have any of you found certain sites better for finding info on certain formats (12-inch, 78's, 45's, cassette singles, promos, etc.) more than others. Any pros and/or cons to each site that might help makes things easier? When I'm done, I'm thinking of maybe adding some of my info to the freedb site, but we'll see...

Right now, I'm just enjoying the discovery, and have learned more about my collection in the process...