Thread: Reference numbers for singles?

Default Reference numbers for singles?

I also have a huge collection of singles, 45's, CD singles, cassette singles, 78's, etc., and the like. Would it be possible to have reference numbers assigned to these, eventually? Plus, is there a better database than Amazon for cataloguing 45's? I'll use it if I have to, but many of my 45's are not listed, so I'll have to enter manually. I do have an old CD-Rom, "The Mega Guide to 45 RPM singles" by Charlie Holz, and one for CD's and LP's, too. Can I sync those databases (and the info contained on them) with the Orange CD database, when the time comes to catalog the 45's?

Plus, what about a "Side A" and a "Side B" in the tracklisting for singles, 78's, 12" records, etc., when there are only 2 sides? With 12" records, sometimes there are more than 2 remixes, or tracks per side, but it would be nice to have a "Side A" and "B", plus a decent comprehensive database in which to pull from.

Also, has anyone thought of adding amg Allmusic.com info to the notes, if someone wants artist or album info with their albums? Even a link on the notes page?

Bear with me...I'm new to this, but I love checking out all the features, and seeing what I can do (Plus, I've backed up my database frequently, just to be safe)...

In any case, do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions on these matters?

I may be missing some issues that I do not understand, but I think there will be no problems doing most of the things you want.

1) Every entry into OCD gets a reference number, no matter how many tracks.

2) You can add all the formats you want to the format list (and delete those you don't need) via View -> Preferences -> Database, highlight Format and click Edit selected list

3) Vinyl sides can be entered as follows. Enter all the tracks. Go to the Tracks tab on the album properties form. Under More is a selection called Start vinyl side that allows you to create A & B sides

I think the main issue with singles is that they don't have a title as an album does. Maybe some others have a solution to this (AFAIK OCD requires something in the Title field).

OCD accesses the Discogs database which might help with some things not on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmaster View Post
    Also, has anyone thought of adding amg Allmusic.com info to the notes, if someone wants artist or album info with their albums? Even a link on the notes page?
    I am sorry to say that possibility of Allmusic.com import is pretty much ruled out at this point