Thread: Greek fonts not appearing properly

Default Greek fonts not appearing properly

I have encountered an issue of Greek fonts (and other non standard characters) that are not properly rendered in the "browser" window, although they appear correctly in the tree view (on the left column) as well as the detailed Album Properties. Check the PrtScr below.

I guess it should be an encoding issue. Can I correct this myself (through some .css file?) or does it have to be programmed in the code?

Cheers,
    Chris.

Chris,

Go to menu View -> Preferences -> Database tab and select Greek from default charset box. That should fix it

Andrei

After moving to another PC (Windows 7, 64bit), I re-installed OrangeCD and this time I run into the opposite problem.

The Greek characters in the Folders Pane do NOT appear correctly while the Entire Collection Pane renders them correctly.

The database charset is set to Greek fonts as default.

Any ideas?

Orange CD uses IE in ways I admit I don't understand, but is it possible that the settings you have for Explorer could be causing this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by corinos View Post
    After moving to another PC (Windows 7, 64bit), I re-installed OrangeCD and this time I run into the opposite problem.

The Greek characters in the Folders Pane do NOT appear correctly while the Entire Collection Pane renders them correctly.

The database charset is set to Greek fonts as default.

Any ideas?

This is system-wide setting. You need to go to Control Panel in Windows, open Language and regional settings, and set Greek as "Language for non-Unicode programs". OrangeCD is non-Unicode program so it applies to it.