Thread: Physical media X Digital files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Physical media X Digital files

Hello,

I was wondering how do you guys use OrangeCD to manage both digital and physical media. I have all of my discs ripped into my "Music" folder on Windows. If I use the same database for managing both my discs and my files I end up with duplicate entries for every album. Is there a way to "join" both entries, or should I keep them in separate databases?

Hi. All I do is to make a list of different physical formats in the 'Format' box (in the album's 'Properties' under the 'General' tab). These will form a drop-down list so you can select an appropriate format for each new entry, and the box will show your choice.

Then you can search or sort by format. Hope this helps!

I would also note that you can edit the list of formats. For example, I have added MP3 < LP for those lps I have converted. You might want to add MP3 < CD or whatever format you have scanned the cds into.

yes, the format field is your friend, but in the statistic you will have double result, the CD and the MP3. But this is not an error because you have cd and mp3 for real.
    If you do not want this, you must have 2 different database.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt74 View Post
    yes, the format field is your friend, but in the statistic you will have double result, the CD and the MP3. But this is not an error because you have cd and mp3 for real.
    If you do not want this, you must have 2 different database.
    No, if you create a new format, CD + FLAC say or FLAC < CD, and enter the album just once, you won't have the duplicate count problem. As Andrei points out you can set up a link to a digital version even if you entered the album from a CD.

thanks, this is new feature for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marciod View Post
    I was wondering how do you guys use OrangeCD to manage both digital and physical media. I have all of my discs ripped into my "Music" folder on Windows. If I use the same database for managing both my discs and my files I end up with duplicate entries for every album. Is there a way to "join" both entries, or should I keep them in separate databases?
    FYI, there is a way to link MP3 folder to existing CD entry. Go to Misc tab of album details window, press Add and browse to MP3 folder.

(There will be an error if you attempt to add MP3s that were previously added as separate entries. So you'll probably need to delete MP3 album first.)

Andrei