Thread: New User Help!!!

Default New User Help!!!

Just started using this product yesterday, Now I'm finding that often as I input an album it creates a folder for an artist name from one or more songs on the CD. If I go into the folder it has the correct album name but if I delete the one in that folder it deletes the one in the correct folder. If I try to change the name of the folder to the actual artist name it says that the artist already exists. Help, please

This happens when the mp3 tags contain different (wrong) artist names for the songs, which causes the the album to be spread over several differnet (fake) artists. If you delete the album under a wrong artist name, it will then be removed for all others including the correct one too, but there's nothing wrong about it.

Maybe you should just not display artist folders, since it doesn't really make much sense anyway (in my opinion).

-pn

OrangeCD likes the mp3 files to have consistent tags since it uses them to figure out where to put things.. of course this is all optional...

But I would look for a program like Tag&Rename.. I will update the tags from internet sources based on the artist/album. THEN import into OrgangeCD

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Just started using this product yesterday, Now I'm finding that often as I input an album it creates a folder for an artist name from one or more songs on the CD. If I go into the folder it has the correct album name but if I delete the one in that folder it deletes the one in the correct folder. If I try to change the name of the folder to the actual artist name it says that the artist already exists. Help, please
    When you delete an album, it is deleted from database so it disappears from all folders.

Try drag-and-drop the album into correct folder instead. Alternatively, double-click the album and manually correct artist field. OrangeCD will then update folder structure.