Thread: Album Kind field

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Album Kind field

i have two question about Album Kind:

1- is there a way for edit the album kind ? i do not found this in database preferences, i want insert 2 new album kind, Greatest hits, and EP (EP is in the Format field, but EP is not an album format but an album kind)

2- There is no way to make a statistic for Album Kind, i can not know how many bootleg or single i have in my collection

thanks in advance
    Kurt74

Quote Originally Posted by kurt74 View Post
    [...]

2- There is no way to make a statistic for Album Kind, i can not know how many bootleg or single i have in my collection

[...]
    You can use the advanced search and search for field 'Bootleg' and condition 'is set' or for the field 'Format', the condition 'contains' and a value of '7"' for example to get these figures.

-pn

thanks for the suggestion, it work. But you must count manually the result.
    I hope that the 2 question posted is considered for change request to new version, do you agree ?

thanks for the suggestion, it work. But you must count manually the result.
    I hope that the 2 question posted is considered for change request to new version, do you agree ?
    Whenever you do a search the number of found titles is shown in the "Selected / Total Records" field at the bottom of the application (after closing the search window). So you don't have to count them manually.

-pn

ok, i found, but insert the album kind in the statistic field, like Format or Artist, and receive the grafic is better, right ?

i have two question about Album Kind:

1- is there a way for edit the album kind ? i do not found this in database preferences, i want insert 2 new album kind, Greatest hits, and EP (EP is in the Format field, but EP is not an album format but an album kind)

Kurt,

This field is computed by program using other fields. It cannot be modified.

I apologize for confusion but I don't recommend using this field for any serious purpose or relying on its accuracy. Adding it in software was a mistake and it's likely to be removed or disabled in future.

Andrei

Thanks Andrei for the answer, wich is your suggestion for insert the album kind actually and do not loose it information in the future ?
    It is good idea use the Format field ? In the future we will have a specific field ?