Thread: how to export the correct trackcount

Default how to export the correct trackcount

Hi,

when I do an HTML export of my collection the shown number of tracks for each album (using dax:trackcount) is correct for all single disc albums as well as for those with multiple discs where all files are stored in the same folder. However, when multiple discs use subfolders (like ./cd1/, ./cd2/, ... for example) it only returns the number of tracks from the first subfolder.

The number of titles shown on the "Entire collection" view within the program is always correct, no matter whether the files are stored in one main folder or spread over several subfolders. Does anyone know how to get the right number of songs exported?

-pn

Hi pn,

trackcount tag will display number of songs in current disc/subdirectory only.

There is no tag for displaying number of songs in the entire album, or in the entire database.

Andrei

Default well ...

... I'm afraid that repeating what I said in slightly different words doesn't help me at all.

Andrei, don't you agree that it is an obvious bug, when something rather basic that works well within the application, is not possible when doing an export?

This is an example of what a two-disc album in my collection looks like within the OCD application ...

And that's the pretty poor result of a html export of the same data ...

As you can see time and size are those of the whole album, but trackcount is taken from the first disc only. That's absolutely useless!

And I'm certainly not the only one having difficulties with this, since it's pretty much the same issue others mentioned before as problems with box sets and "lost" information for disc two and up.

-pn

I agree it's a bug and will fix it next update.

Andrei

Thumbs up Great

Thank you, Andrei!

And maybe you can check the bitrate in this context too. It seems to have the same issue.

-pn

p.s.: Would it be possible to change the string "(various)" in bitrates to "various" without the brackets?