Thread: Damaged artist entry: "3869871"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Damaged artist entry: "3869871"

I've encountered a strange error.

After uploading my collection to RackandTags and viewing my top 50 artist map I saw in giant letters "Brian Eno - Unfamiliar Wind (Leeks Hills) (1978-1982)."

When I clicked it all 52 of my albums with the proper artist entry "Brian Eno" were listed.

I found the source of the problem - a single track at the end of the OHM - Early Gurus of Electronic Music CD had that exact phrase entered as the artist.

I corrected it and re-synced. Also forced a full sync and then deleted all albums and re-uploaded the collection. All 52 albums still displayed as that full phrase.

Then I tried changing all 52 Eno albums in my collection to "Eno, Brian" and re-synced. The top 50 artist map instantly changed to "Eno, Brian."

I then changed all entries in my library back to "Brian Eno" and all 52 albums on RacksandTags magically jumped back to the stubborn phrase.

*CLUE* The strangest thing is that floating my cursor over all other artists on the RacksandTags map previews a URL ending in the artist's name, the one stubborn entry does not - the URL ends in ".../artists/3869871/"

Can anyone advise as to how to resolve this issue? HUGE THANKS!

This is very interesting. I have a very similar issue.
    -The band Genesis does not appear in the artist list (but I have a bunch of their albums.
    - all the Genesis albums appear under the artist name "Roger T. Matte/Yngve Guddal/Roger T Matte".
    - I deleted "Roger T. Matte/Yngve Guddal/Roger T Matte" from OrangeCD and forced a sync.
    - I re-added "Roger T. Matte/Yngve Guddal/Roger T Matte" to ORangeCD, changed their name to "Roger T. Matte & Yngve Guddal" and forced a sync.
    - Nothing changes online in Racks & Tags. In the artist list "Roger T. Matte/Yngve Guddal/Roger T Matte" is still there, and Genesis is not.
    - Like innerspaceboy, when I float the cursor over the artist names the URL is always the artist name, except for "Roger T. Matte/Yngve Guddal/Roger T Matte" which is ..../artists/3895890/

Clue: Roger T. Matte & Yngve Guddal do covers of Genesis tunes, for a CD called Genesis for 2 Grand Pianos. So their songs share titles with the songs on some of the Genesis albums.

Default Likely solution!

I've figured it out!

I highlighted the albums in OrangeCD that have "Brian Eno" tagged as the artist.

Right-clicked and selected ARTIST PROFILE.

Sure enough - the PRIMARY NAME field read, "Brian Eno - Unfamiliar Wind (Leeks Hills) (1978-1982)" while the SORT NAME field simply read, "Brian Eno."

I closed that window and clicked LIBRARY - MANAGE ARTISTS, located the entry and clicked RENAME. I then corrected the PRIMARY NAME and re-synced the profile.

Within minutes RacksandTags updated to reflect the change!
    Last edited by innerspaceboy; 01-23-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: RacksandTags site updated my profile.

Hey, you DID find the problem, and it was the same issue for me. Thanks! Everything looks good now.