Thread: Feature Request: DVD input

Thumbs down Feature Request: DVD input

Hello,
    it would be nice if OCD would be able to recognise DVDs also. In recent years up till now many CDs have an extra DVD, which is not recognised by OCD und so you must type it in by hand ...
    So, such a feature would be very helpfull! I hope for a update.
    All the best

But the DVDs have no music on them, just videos.
    No point to read them into OCD, as there is nothing to read.

Yes. MUSIC videos. It seems like a reasonable feature request to me, although it does open the door to OrangeCD supporting video in various ways. Right now I use a different tool to keep track of my video collection; it might be nice if Orange could do both jobs, perhaps in separate databases. Might be a lot of work, too. It depends on how the database is organized internally.

Sorry I don't wrote "MUSIC-DVD", but surely I meant it. Music-DVDs normally have programmed "steps" which last as long as one song, so the "steps" could eventually be used to identify the songs???
    "Right now I use a different tool to keep track of my video collection (BALOK)" --> would you tell me which tool do use?
    Thank You!
    Last edited by Lux; 01-24-2011 at 10:46 AM.

The tool I use for DVDs is called DVD Profiler. Google can help you find it (I'm not sure what Andrei's policy is about posting other folks' software, or links to sites, in this forum, so I'll refrain.)

Thumbs down

I too use DVDProfiler for my DVD collection and it does a great job.

I don't think that OrangeCD should be developed to support DVDs for the time being; I assume that Andrei has a long wish list of requested new features related to CDs for considertion to "waste time" to incorporate DVD support.

A few requested features along the years: Multiple album covers for box-sets; composer collaboration; box-set within boxset; improved statistics and others. And how about a bug-free CD player.

I include DVDs when they come packaged with a CD.