Thread: Box Sets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Box Sets

Box sets show up as 1 CD on racksandtags. Is there anyway to show the # of CDs accurately? For example, I recently databased and uploaded Edward Elgar - The Complete Collection. This is a 30cd set and should show up as 30 cds, not 1.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

Online albums should replicate exactly what's in your OrangeCD database. Make sure that the album shows up as 30CD, not 1CD in your local database, then sync using menu Tools -> Publish on Racks and Tags.

If you see 30CD locally, but online database is still 1CD, try using full sync option:

1. menu View -> Preferences
    2. Racks and Tags tab
    3. Check "force full synchronization" option
    4. press OK
    5. menu Tools -> Publish on Racks and Tags. It will take longer, but that way OrangeCD will go extra length to ensure local and online database are in sync.

Andrei

Andrei,

Thanks for the response. It appears that the entire Haydn 33-CD box set is showing up. However, when I select the artist Adam Fischer (the composer in this case), it only shows that he has one album, when in fact it is a 33-cd set.

I would have expected it to list Adam Fischer has having a 33 albums.

What I'd like to see in addition to the "# of albums" statistic is a "# of cds" statistic? Many albums are in fact multi-CDs. However in the case of classical, it is often that box sets are re-releases of albums released as a single set.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim
    Last edited by timjthomas; 12-27-2010 at 08:40 AM.