Thread: Response/Refresh Time

Question Response/Refresh Time

It seems I'm spending way too much time looking at an hourglass. I recently added a large number of digital audio files that I had on an external hard drive - so as to avoid more duplication - knowing that many were duplicate, it shows over 9500 and the actual number should be in the neighborhood of 8000. Attempting to get rid of the duplicates and make some other minor modifications (change the spelling of a title or artist) has become a terribly time consuming task. At the outset, I should say that I've totaly disabled my virus program (Avast!). The fact that I can't make multiple deletions is itself frustrating. Going through one by one can take minutes rather than seconds. It seems like I make a modification and Orange takes it's time accepting the change and refresing itself. For instance, it took nearly 30 minutes to change three "Chambers Brothers, The" entries to "Chambers Brothers". Can anything be done to speed things up???
    Last edited by bindlestiff; 08-15-2010 at 01:50 AM. Reason: mispelling

Hi bindlestiff

Check out this thread:
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=6901[/url]

Andrei

Smile Thank You

Thank you for the speedy repy. It worked perfectly and made a major difference. I'm sorry I didn't go back far enough in the archives to find it myself sooner.

Bindle