Thread: Discogs Support Version 6.4.3.15202

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Discogs Support Version 6.4.3.15202

I've just installed it and I'm really thrilled with the discogs support.
    I would like to recommend a few improvements and new features though:

Improvements:
    1. Could you add a new toolbar button for the discogs import, so that we don't have to go through the "Album - Import from Discogs" Menu"
    2. Could you add in the Discogs Search Results a new column with the release number so that we can find the release easier ?

New Features :
    1.Ability to import discogs artists profile either through the "manage artists" menu or (optionally) when adding an album of a non existing artist for the first time.
    2.When the release to be imported is not the first (oldest one) it would be better if the fields Reissue Date and Reissue Label were updated instead of the "Release Information" ones.
    Also in that case could the "Release Information" ones be updated with the first (oldest) entry ?

I know i may be asking for too much Adrei
    Thanks anyway for the awesome work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ekoliniol View Post
    I've just installed it and I'm really thrilled with the discogs support.
    I would like to recommend a few improvements and new features though:

Improvements:
    1. Could you add a new toolbar button for the discogs import, so that we don't have to go through the "Album - Import from Discogs" Menu"
    2. Could you add in the Discogs Search Results a new column with the release number so that we can find the release easier ?
    1. yes.
    2. yes, but can you use Go to button to go to the release in browser and bookmark? That said, Discogs release ID is actually saved in the database and should be possible to expose for view in later update.

1.Ability to import discogs artists profile either through the "manage artists" menu or (optionally) when adding an album of a non existing artist for the first time.
    2.When the release to be imported is not the first (oldest one) it would be better if the fields Reissue Date and Reissue Label were updated instead of the "Release Information" ones.
    I will double check, but I think the limitation may actually be in metadata returned by Discogs server. Sounds like valid suggestion though, stay tuned for updates.

Andrei

I just installed the latest update and added a few albums via discogs and i must say i am thrilled. thanks for getting this done andrei, the program is 10 times better now.

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot Andrei
    As far as "release number" column I'm referring to the "Catalog#" field of the Discogs Entry.
    Sorry for the confusion

Here are a few other things I noticed while using Discogs Import:
    1. When I use the Keywords option (always in discogs search) the results in columns "Label" and "Format" are always "?" and the columb "Release Date" empty. One entry is only updated only when i double click on it (see attached file).

2. It would be nice if one could search by "Album Title" (unless Discogs does not support it ) like in Freedb Search.

3. When I click the "Go to" Button , it opens both Firefox (my default browser) and Internet Exporer.

4. It would also be great if on the tracks page could be also updated the vinyl sides instead plain numbering.
    Last edited by ekoliniol; 08-05-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekoliniol View Post
    Here are a few other things I noticed while using Discogs Import:
    1. When I use the Keywords option (always in discogs search) the results in columns "Label" and "Format" are always "?" and the columb "Release Date" empty. One entry is only updated only when i double click on it (see attached file).

2. It would be nice if one could search by "Album Title" (unless Discogs does not support it ) like in Freedb Search.
    These quirks are due to Discogs API limitations.

3. When I click the "Go to" Button , it opens both Firefox (my default browser) and Internet Exporer.
    Interesting, I will try to reproduce this problem. Sounds like bug somewhere.

4. It would also be great if on the tracks page could be also updated the vinyl sides instead plain numbering.
    This is fixed in the upcoming update.

Never mind the "opening of multiple browsers" issue , it somehow got fixed by itself.
    It was probably some Windows setting or it got fixed by some windows update.
    Thank you

Default Discogs release solution

The addition of the Discogs search was what sold me on OCD, as Discogs tends to have entries for most of the obscure vinyl that doesn't come up on Amazon.

I got tired of entering in album titles only to sift through 20 editions to find the right pressing of a particular album, so I tried this:

Click "Add from Discogs" and then go to the "Keywords" field and enter the catalog number as it appears on your LP.

For example, entering "COM 946-S" produces only one result - the original pressing of Dick Hyman's "Age of Electronicus."

I apologize if I'm stating common knowledge, but I think this addresses the problem you posted. Hope it helps!

Thumbs up

Well my friend it is those little simple things that make life easier and more fun.
    It was so obvious (in front of my nose) and yet I didn't think of it.
    Thanks u