Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feature request: Scrobbling

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldg View Post
    Looking through this thread I see that the CD player functionality may be relegated to legacy status. Seems strange to me for a program that is dubbed "Orange CD".

Just sayin'

Ron

I think this requires consideration. The majority of users seem to favour a CD player update. Andrei, is it possible to know what is the pecentage of CDs of the 1.9m albums online. This should give an indication of the Orange CD users who will appreciate a non-buggy Orange CD player.

I noted that some users are also willing to help to update Orange CD. I am sure that most users are (like me) willing to pay an upgrade subscribtion to have the Orange CD update.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    I think this requires consideration. The majority of users seem to favour a CD player update. Andrei, is it possible to know what is the pecentage of CDs of the 1.9m albums online. This should give an indication of the Orange CD users who will appreciate a non-buggy Orange CD player.

I noted that some users are also willing to help to update Orange CD. I am sure that most users are (like me) willing to pay an upgrade subscribtion to have the Orange CD update.
    I don't know where you get "the majority of users from" I a haven't seen any indication of such. I also would like to input that getting the info of the percentage of cds is pretty useless because there is no way to tell if those stats are real because just because something is listed as a cd doesn't mean that it is. I have over 4,000 cds and you won't find a single cd in my collection on racks and tags because they are all listed as mp3's as it is easier for me...

As for the player, CDs visit my PC drive only once, for imaging to backup and ripping to mp3. So, obviously, CD player is of no interest to me. The same goes for scrobbling. Actually I had to google it to learn what it is.

I've today begun work on a CD-player. (This means that I've heard the beginning of Brecker Brothers' Song for Barry several times, as it's the first track on the CD I've been using for testing.)

I make no promise on how long this will take, or even that it'll lead to something useable, but I am optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
    I've today begun work on a CD-player. (This means that I've heard the beginning of Brecker Brothers' Song for Barry several times, as it's the first track on the CD I've been using for testing.)

I make no promise on how long this will take, or even that it'll lead to something useable, but I am optimistic.
    Great news!!! At least somebody is trying.