Thread: Various Artists not shown in Cloud View

Default Various Artists not shown in Cloud View

I noticed that there is no entry for "Various Artists" when artists are displayed in cloud view. "Various Artists" does show up if artists are viewed as a list.

Is this a bug or was there some design rationale? In any case, it would be more convenient to have "various artists" appear in cloud view as well.

Thanks,

Charles

I just went to my page to double check and Various Artists DOES show up.
    At the top of the cloud there is a section that says "show" what quantity of top artists to include in the cloud... click on 1000 and unless you have more that 1000 different artists... Various Artists should show up.

Fred

Default Not working for me...

I followed the steps you suggested, but "various artists" still does not show up in cloud view, even if "1000" is selected. I have a total of 183 artists and a pro membership.

Best,

Charles

Hmmm....

Can I look at your site? what is the address?

do you know how to force a complete reload of your collection? that may help.

fred

Normally, "Various Artists" entry doesn't show in cloud view. It's a technical limitation.

In cases when it does show, it's probably because "Various Artists" checkbox isn't checked in OrangeCD for some albums yet Artist field contains "Various Artists" string.

Andrei

Interesting... I went and checked and wadda ya know.. Andrei was right ;O)
    those that are showing up on my site are those where the various artist box isn't checked.

Fred

Thanks very much for your response, Andrei.

I love the level of support, as well as the honesty. I can think of a dozen software companies that would have said "It is a design choice" before admitting that it is anything else.

In the end, it is probably just as well not to have Various Artists show up in cloud view, as it might easily be the largest entry, since quite a few albums end up in that category.

Best,

Charles