Thread: Sure is quiet around here.. what can we do

Default Sure is quiet around here.. what can we do

So.. what can we do to help Andrei get OCD noticed in the media? What shiny new features can we suggest... Maybe an iPod app... ( I will probably never own one, but seems like a popular thing to do)... Maybe touch screen support (but who here has such a monitor?)

Fred

Default Catalogue/database support for playlists.

Quote Originally Posted by frederf View Post
    So.. what can we do to help Andrei get OCD noticed in the media? What shiny new features can we suggest... Maybe an iPod app... ( I will probably never own one, but seems like a popular thing to do)... Maybe touch screen support (but who here has such a monitor?)

Fred
    It would be really neat to have playlist database support. I'm not saying that OCD has to be able to actually make the m3u file - just that it should support playlists as custom albums.
    For instance, how about several blank fields in Track properties to show what playlists a track is in? Also the ability for OCD to show playlists I create as if they were custom albums? And the capacity to mark tracks for inclusion in a new playlist and have them show in the right-hand pane - then to be able to click a button that automatically creates a playlist entry as if it is an album?
    I expect it's quite complicated / time-consuming to actually get OCD to make m3u (or whatever) files. But this can be done in WMP or some other favourite app. I would just like CATALOGUE SUPPORT for my playlists!! And, of course, the facility to be able to click a 'play' or 'queue' button for my list, either in Squeezebox or another player.
    I currently have a workaround that manages about half of this, but it is a significant hassle to enter the data... and sometimes I forget!
    This feature, for me, would really strengthen OCD massively. Am I alone in wanting this? I'm sure I can't be...

Fred
    Yes, features are important as well. But marketing is even more important...

And I don't know how you like them, but I consider OCD GUI icons repulsive, making first impression bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
    Yes, features are important as well. But marketing is even more important...

And I don't know how you like them, but I consider OCD GUI icons repulsive, making first impression bad.
    Doesn't bother me that much, but making the interface "skinable" of provide different "themes" would be a good idea.

fred

Doesn't bother me that much, but making the interface "skinable" of provide different "themes" would be a good idea.
    Sure, just a few different sets of icons would be OK.

Other things- stronger Andrei's presence in the forums, stronger community involvement into OCD development (like a pool for next implemented feature).

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
    Sure, just a few different sets of icons would be OK.

Other things- stronger Andrei's presence in the forums, stronger community involvement into OCD development (like a pool for next implemented feature).
    Yea... I don't know what his life is like... but dropping in once a day to take care of any questions and comments should be on list of things to do everyday.

Fred

Yea... I don't know what his life is like...
    I don't know either, but from what I can see, it is seems pretty obvious that OCD is just a side project. Nothing wrong about it, but projects that are main source of income have much more dynamics, like Collectorz to name something similar. Also, projects that charge for upgrades seem to move forward at a faster pace.

My bottom line is, if neither of above changes (nor Andrei has just more fun/income of developing/maintaining OCD), not much will change, including developing multiple-years standing fixes/requests.
    Last edited by Xyzzy; 05-14-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Added 'bottom line'