Thread: why does foobar pop up when I add songs?

Default why does foobar pop up when I add songs?

Hey all...

I finally got an external 2T drive an loaded all my albums there, and updated all my links so I can play my music directly from OCD... yay!!!

BUT... in the media tab I selected to use M3U files and set my default program for mp3 and m3u to Foobar. It works.. but Foobar keeps popping up whenever I add songs.

BTW I just got my new computer as well so it is Windows 7 64bit if any of that matters.

So how can I fix that behavior. I just want foobar to start playing but stay minimized... is there a flag that I can add to do that?

Thanks for any help

Fred

File > Preferences
    Click on "Shell Integration".
    Uncheck "Bring to front when adding new files".

Take a quick look at the other options on that page to make sure foobar2000 behaves how you want.

Click "OK".

Hey thanks for the tip... I'll go check it out.

********** EDIT

Nope that didn't change the behavior in OCD... the bring to front was checked in foobar... so I thought it was going to work... but no ;O(
    I'll double check my custom command line in OCD and see if there is something I can add to the foobar commandline to stop it from coming to front... I haven't checked if there was a foobar forum (I'm sure there is).
    thanks again.....

fred
    Last edited by frederf; 05-12-2010 at 02:46 AM.