Thread: Fields in album view

Unhappy Fields in album view

How can I add some fields in album view, since many of the fields that are available to display don't meet my needs.

THANKS!!

Sure...

But... are you asking about fields that are already in the database but aren't shown on the album view... or do you want additional fields that don't exist?

To add existing database fields go to view... preferences.... choose the theme tab...
    assuming that you are using the default theme V6.... you will see a heading for "Customize fields in Album view" about a third of the way down. Check and uncheck the fields that you want/don't want....

Down aways you will see a heading for "Show custom fields in album view" and then selection for Texbox1.... 10 Checkbox 1... 10 Memo1... 10 Date 1.... 10. These are fields for you do define and use... To do so... Click on the database tab in the preferences dialog... click on the "Custom Fields" button... click the Add button and choose the type of custom field you want to use. It will appear in the list... click the customize button and give it any name you want. This is the name that will appear in the album view so make meaningful. You will need to remember what field you choose... Like Textbox 1.. for example.

Then like above... go back to the Theme tab... scroll down to the "Show Custom Fields in album view" section and check the field that you used... Textbox 1.. for example and your new field will appear in the Album view.

Hope that makes sense and answers you question. There is more you can do with the custom fields but I think you should be able to figure it out from here...

Fred

Smile

Hello.. :-)

I'm talking about additional fields that don't exist, I know how to add "custom fields" but "custom fields" can only be displayed at the bottom of the page, what I want is to add fields that could be displayed right beside the artwork, or I wonder if there's a way to rename the fields that already exists, fields such as "company or distribuitor"

Many thanks for your help! :-)

Raul

Ahhh... well then you need to ask the people on the theme forum below....

bob

Quote Originally Posted by RaulFranco View Post
    Hello.. :-)

I'm talking about additional fields that don't exist, I know how to add "custom fields" but "custom fields" can only be displayed at the bottom of the page, what I want is to add fields that could be displayed right beside the artwork, or I wonder if there's a way to rename the fields that already exists, fields such as "company or distribuitor"

Many thanks for your help! :-)

Raul
    I don't think you can actually rename the field, but you can rename the label/title that the field displays (not the content of the field). That is, you can have the field called Company display as "Distributor". It does require that you edit the Template. You can also edit how the content of the field displays (font, typeface, colour, etc.) The richness of OCD is the ability it gives the user to determine just how data displays. You can have a custom field display anywhere you want, but you have to create your own template.