Thread: Updates

Angry Updates

Andrei,

Is it possible that when OrangeCD is updated, you create an installer that DOESN'T replace ALL of our preferences?

I can cope with changing the theme back to what I want to use each time I updgrade. But I'm really fed up of having to endlessly rewrite the queries that I use. I don't see why the installer has to delete the queries that we save for ourselves, and replace them with useless "demo" queries!

Please, this is a serious annoyance.

David

David,

I did not realize queries are deleted as part of upgrade process. This is serious problem. I will test tonight and issue an update quickly. Thanks for reporting the bug.

Andrei

I haven't found that queries have been deleted when I update. However, I do find it a minor annoyance that I have to manually reselect my theme after I update. I think I have suggested in the past that the theme be associated with the database rather than with the program. That's because I have two different databases that use different themes and it would be nice to have the theme automatically associated with the database. That would also solve the updating problem.

Quote Originally Posted by davidagbr View Post
    But I'm really fed up of having to endlessly rewrite the queries that I use. I don't see why the installer has to delete the queries that we save for ourselves, and replace them with useless "demo" queries!
    David,

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem with disappearing queries. I've tried multiple versions and multiple systems to no avail. Is it possible that some other apps deletes them?

Also, what is your Windows version so I could limit testing to that version only?

Andrei