Thread: Composers Showing Up As Artist

Default Composers Showing Up As Artist

I'm new to OrangeCD, and have tried to find an answer in the forum, without luck.

I'm adding a classical cd of Horowitz playing several different composers. Once added, my list by artist is showing the several composers, though when I expand the composer's name, the correct cd appears. I cannot find any field where I can change this. When I go to artist profile, it won't allow me to delete the composer from the line or replace it with Horowitz.

I don't understand where the composer field is coming from. or how to overcome this so I won't have duplicates, and will have it properly viewed by the correct artist.

Thanks.

Ken

What is your "Browse by:" (left column) set to?

If you choose "artist" to browse by, does composer still appear?

Place your cursor over a track title in the track listing and right click and select properties. Is the composer name in the artist field?

These are probably things you have already tried. OCD does handle artists and composers in a similar way, but I haven't had them confused like you have.

Default Settings

Thanks for your reply.

Browse by set to Artist.

The composers do appear.

If I right click the composer for properties, it does show the composer's name (Bach) in the Artist Profile box. I can't change this.

If I drop down the linked cd to the composer, the artist (Horowitz) is shown correctly.

Aha! Just figured it out: The composer was listed in the "Tracks" box as artist, not as composer (which was various). This was from the download for the album, which had the composer named in the Track Listings on the display. I went through each track and changed the two fields, artist and composer, and that solved the initial problem in the Browse column.

Thanks again! I couldn't have done it without you!

By the way, this is the third such software I've tried over the last few days. While this is the best so far, it still requires more messing with than I had hoped. Too bad the strengths of each can't be combined into one, and added with a connection to whatever database source Windows Media Player uses for the info download.

Hey, I appreciate it!

Ken