Thread: New problem with Norton 2010 version? [FIXED]

Default New problem with Norton 2010 version? [FIXED]

Orange CD had been working fine on my Vista machine with Norton Internet Security 2009. Norton gave me an option to upgrade to the 2010 version as part of my subscription and I did the upgrade. Now, Orange CD will launch but within about 3 seconds, it shows the "(Not Responding)" message in the title bar and simply hangs. I would uninstall Norton if I hadn't been down that messy path before - it can be a real horror show as its hooks can be deep into various parts of the OS/system. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Default Problem solved

Same solution as for Norton 2009. I guess it made a difference in terms of which was installed first.

Default Norton 2010 problem

I'm now experiencing the same problem having recently updated to Norton 2010.
    Pdawg, how exactly did you fix it?

Default Fix previously posted by Andrei

Here is what I did (but for Norton 2010):

To work around this problem, go to Norton Antivirus 2009 "Computer settings", and click on "Scan exclusions" -> "+Configure". This will open Scan Exclusions dialog. Click Add button in lower (Auto-protect exclusions) part of the dialog and add path to your OrangeCD database files. (Usually the path is ...\My Documents\My Music). Press OK and OK again. This should fix the issue and allow to run OrangeCD with antivirus turned on.

Default New problem with Norton 2010

Thanks for your help. pdawg I'm working fine again now.