Thread: Problem with Squeezebox control - HELP!

Default Problem with Squeezebox control - HELP!

Hi Andrei. I am having a problem using the Squeezeserver plugin. I'm sure it did work once, but I have completely forgotten what I need to do!
    My Squeezeserver application is running on the same PC as my OCD.
    The Squeezebox Server control Panel tells me that the server HTTP Port Number =9000
    I have been into the Security section of SS settings and ensured nothing is blocked and no password is required.
    My version of OCD is 6.3.8 Build 14409. My Squeezebox Server is Version 7.4.1 and my OS is Windows 7 HP.
    When I right click on a track in OCD, the Play/Queue Squeezebox options are greyed out. And when I go to TOOLS/SQUEEZEBOX - Configure, nothing seems to happen. I have Host=localhost, and Port = 9090. I HAVE TRIED THIS using 9000, but still nothing....
    Any suggestions extremely welcome!!

Wait! I have just changed 'localhost' to 192.168.1.3 (my PC's current IP address), and everything seems to work. BUT... as my router dynamicaly allocates IP addresses to all computers on my LAN, is there a way I can configure OCD to look for, say, 192.168.1.2 AS WELL? If not, do I have to configure my main PC to use a fixed IP address? Not too sure how to do this - I know I can change my Netgear router settings, but do I also need to change a setting in Windows??
    Hope you - or anyone else - can help!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    Wait! I have just changed 'localhost' to 192.168.1.3 (my PC's current IP address), and everything seems to work. BUT... as my router dynamicaly allocates IP addresses to all computers on my LAN, is there a way I can configure OCD to look for, say, 192.168.1.2 AS WELL? If not, do I have to configure my main PC to use a fixed IP address? Not too sure how to do this - I know I can change my Netgear router settings, but do I also need to change a setting in Windows??
    Hope you - or anyone else - can help!
    Interesting. Are OrangeCD and Squeezebox server on the same PC?

If so, try using 127.0.0.1. This is IP equivalent of "localhost".

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Interesting. Are OrangeCD and Squeezebox server on the same PC?

If so, try using 127.0.0.1. This is IP equivalent of "localhost".
    Thanks Andrei - 127.0.0.1 works fine for me. Problem solved - have a great Xmas and keep up the good work!