Thread: Just getting started....

Default Just getting started....

.......I have a 400CD Sony and my idea was to do away with jewel cases (store separately) and have all CDs available for immediate play. But, how to locate what I wanted, w/o going thru the long process Sony has to enter the data into the remote. I was creating an Excel DB and fat fingering entries when I discovered OrangeCD. My wife is a music teacher, and could benefit from playing tracks from her computer, maybe from OrangeCD. Any suggestions as to how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance, Tom

Been there! I ended up ripping all of my CDs to lossless FLAC format and play them through a Logitech Squeezebox connected to my audio system. Orange CD is a great interface to control the Squeezebox. This works like a charm.

Ron

Default Thanks for the reply....

I downloaded OrangeCD last night and have been playing with it. Seems to be basic DB stuff. I think (at this point) that I want to rip the cds to an external hd so that my wife can select certain tracks to listen to, on her computer. At the same time I will have ALL of the cds in the 400 changer in my standalone (no network connection) audio system. I will then produce a report that will list the cds by a personalized assigned number (i.e. CD 001), artist, etc. So now I am focusing on searcing for the best cd rip software, and settings, to rip. It appears that I will be able to link the ripped cds on the external to OCD. More hands on w/OCD required! Tnx, Tom

Reisender....

check out dbpoweramp
    [url]http://www.dbpoweramp.com/[/url]

free... if you need help using it just ask....

fred