Thread: Is OCD Windows 7 ready?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Is OCD Windows 7 ready?

Several people unhappy with Vista, are looking forward to October 22, date for W7 public release. I had downgraded to XP, but now Microsoft has announced that it will phase out XP Support by year's end. My question to Andrei : Is OCD Windows 7 ready?
    Andrei I'm sorry to put pressure on you, but I must ask...

I'm running win7 RTM x64 and OCD works for me, but starts up minimized. No big deal, just a tad bit annoying.

I've been using OCD on Windows 7 Pro 64 for a couple of days, no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bsvends1 View Post
    I'm running win7 RTM x64 and OCD works for me, but starts up minimized. No big deal, just a tad bit annoying.
    This is weird. I have never seen this happening in Windows 7 or any other system.

Can you try to download and run this Regedit file and see if it fixes the issue?

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/support/unminimize_orangecd.reg[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by granit View Post
    Is OCD Windows 7 ready?
    I would like to say Yes... But there are few things that needs to be tested and possibly fixed before OrangeCD can be declared fully Windows 7 compatible.

Let's put it this way: There are no OrangeCD issues related to Windows 7 for which there are no trivial workarounds. It should not stop you from upgrading to Windows 7.

Andrei

Default unable to install OCD on Win7

A message box pops up and says it is not a valid Win32 application. Then it terminates without installing. What can I do?
    Additional info: It is a Vaio P VGN-P25G and I tried to install the latest relesae of Nov. 4th.
    Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by fendent View Post
    A message box pops up and says it is not a valid Win32 application. Then it terminates without installing. What can I do?
    Additional info: It is a Vaio P VGN-P25G and I tried to install the latest relesae of Nov. 4th.
    Marcel,

This sounds like broken or incomplete download. Re-download installation package again from [url]http://www.firetongue.com/orgcdfull.exe[/url] .

If it's still displaying error after re-download, try cleaning your browser cache.

Andrei

FWIW, I have found that unless I run OCD Catalog in Admin mode it doesn't recognize my CD drive to import new CD info from. I believe I also had trouble pulling down covers when not in Admin mode as well.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate retail version.

~gs2gf

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow2GoFast View Post
    FWIW, I have found that unless I run OCD Catalog in Admin mode it doesn't recognize my CD drive to import new CD info from. I believe I also had trouble pulling down covers when not in Admin mode as well.
    Thanks for report.
    1) Could you try disabling CD-Text in View, Preferences, Internet tab, and see if it still requires admin privileges?

2) I've seen scattered reports about cover download recently but they are not connected to admin mode. Can you send me a session log to [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email] when cover download problem occurs. You can get session log by holding Shift key while recognizing a CD. Thanks!