Thread: Subgenres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Subgenres

Does someone knows how to hide the "subgenre" information? I have so many files taggeds with musicmatch and it all gets the subgenre "other" making confuse to navigate between the albuns. Last thing I want is to change all the tags.

Thanks

Genre and Sub-genre are not separate fields in the database even though they are entered in different boxes on the album properties form. I believe they are both in a Field referenced as Genre in the templates, separated by a delimiter that I am reasonably sure is ;. It is possible to reference them differently in a template using Javascript. The Green template has a Javascript to do this.

If you wanted to delete Other as a value of the field it might (emphasis might) be simpler than you might think. If Other only appears in the subgenre half of the field you could try the following:

Query > Advanced Search
    Select Genre in Field:
    Select Contains in Condition:
    Enter Other in Value:
    Click add to list
    Click search
    View > View > Table
    Select all the entries (click on first, hold shift scroll down, click on last; there isn't a select all button)
    Right click in the window
    Select properties
    Go to Library tab
    If the Sub-genre box has Other in it, just delete it, click OK and you have done it
    If the Sub-genre box has (various) in it, this won't work and I have nothing to offer you

Quote Originally Posted by Jefki View Post
    Does someone knows how to hide the "subgenre" information? I have so many files taggeds with musicmatch and it all gets the subgenre "other" making confuse to navigate between the albuns. Last thing I want is to change all the tags.

Thanks

Talking It Worked Thanks.

Just deleted as you said, It worked. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    Genre and Sub-genre are not separate fields in the database even though they are entered in different boxes on the album properties form. I believe they are both in a Field referenced as Genre in the templates, separated by a delimiter that I am reasonably sure is ;. It is possible to reference them differently in a template using Javascript. The Green template has a Javascript to do this.

If you wanted to delete Other as a value of the field it might (emphasis might) be simpler than you might think. If Other only appears in the subgenre half of the field you could try the following:

Query > Advanced Search
    Select Genre in Field:
    Select Contains in Condition:
    Enter Other in Value:
    Click add to list
    Click search
    View > View > Table
    Select all the entries (click on first, hold shift scroll down, click on last; there isn't a select all button)
    Right click in the window
    Select properties
    Go to Library tab
    If the Sub-genre box has Other in it, just delete it, click OK and you have done it
    If the Sub-genre box has (various) in it, this won't work and I have nothing to offer you