Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cover art not displaying? [FIXED]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default cover art not displaying? [FIXED]

Hello, is anybody else having issues with their cover art showing up on Racks & Tags? I'm uploading from OrangeCD and for the past couple of weeks it seems that the cover art for any new albums is not uploading properly. I just get the "no cover art available" blue square in Racks & Tags.

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks!
    Dave

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dbpass View Post
    Hello, is anybody else having issues with their cover art showing up on Racks & Tags? I'm uploading from OrangeCD and for the past couple of weeks it seems that the cover art for any new albums is not uploading properly. I just get the "no cover art available" blue square in Racks & Tags.

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks!
    Dave
    Yes, I've been having a problem with that too, but not with all the uploads. Sometimes doing a quick refresh brings some of the covers up but not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulchina View Post
    Yes, I've been having a problem with that too, but not with all the uploads. Sometimes doing a quick refresh brings some of the covers up but not all of them.
    I've had the same problem so I tried just waiting to see if the problem was updating in Racks & Tags. After 24 hours, the art still didn't appear. Then I exported the picture from ODB, opened it in Photoshop, did a "save as" and reloaded it into ODB. Then I republished it to Racks & Tags and the art appeared almost instantly.

If I had to guess, I would say the problem is somewhere in the auto import of the cover art from Amazon (or wherever). All the problems I've had seem to be fixed by the above technique but maybe that's just coincidence

Thanks for the tip. Sorry if this should be obvious, but is ODB the cataloging software you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by dbpass View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Sorry if this should be obvious, but is ODB the cataloging software you're using?
    I am using ODB, sorry that I failed to mention it

This problem is still happening for me. Cover art upload to Racks & Tags is not working.

One workaround is to re-open the album in OrangeCD, copy, remove, then paste album art. The re-upload works.

Is this a known bug?

Default Cover Art Issue

I am having the same cover art problem. My art is one random image file used for all albums. I have tried updating my OrangeCD software version, I have used a 3 month backup datafile to destroy the current index and that had image problems too. I then re-loaded the current datafile to rebuild the index file - no success. Wow - this is really frustrating. This problem that is common to so many different users with different computer environments is obviously not the fault of us users. I await the fix.
    Carlos.

FWIW, I am on the latest release, and am still have the somewhat random cover art missing in R&T problem. Add three new CDs to my collection this morning, synced to R&T and only one cover is shown there.

~gs2gf

The wrong covers showing up or none at all is also something that I am dealing with right now as well.

Unfortunately the most concerning issue here isn't the problem but the lack of response to the problem. It would really be nice to hear something from you, Andrei.

Your silence certainly isn't very comforting to your loyal supporters...

Quote Originally Posted by Katzz View Post
    Unfortunately the most concerning issue here isn't the problem but the lack of response to the problem. It would really be nice to hear something from you, Andrei.
    Unfortunately, cover update issue is more than one problem. It is three unrelated issues, resulting from external Amazon changes. I have implemented several fixes already but they only fixed part of possible scenarios.

ETA for next and, hopefully, last round of updates is this Friday night. There will be blackout period of up to 12 hours.

Thanks for your patience.