Thread: deleting cover art

Default deleting cover art

I have a really large database and don't much care about the cover art. How do you delete it, and can I delete it all without opening each record

Quote Originally Posted by R_burke View Post
    I have a really large database and don't much care about the cover art. How do you delete it, and can I delete it all without opening each record
    No problem (I think!). Look for a folder entitled <your database name>_covers: in my case this is in the same Windows folder as my database itself (MMdatabase.dab), and is called MMDatabase_covers. Both are in My Documents\My Music.

Then simply delete all the covers in the <your database name>_covers folder. You might be able to delete the folder, but I'm not sure if this would confuse OCD or not!! I haven't tried this lately to give 100% guaranteed answer, but I'm pretty certain this will do the job...

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    No problem (I think!). Look for a folder entitled <your database name>_covers: in my case this is in the same Windows folder as my database itself (MMdatabase.dab), and is called MMDatabase_covers. Both are in My Documents\My Music.

Then simply delete all the covers in the <your database name>_covers folder. You might be able to delete the folder, but I'm not sure if this would confuse OCD or not!! I haven't tried this lately to give 100% guaranteed answer, but I'm pretty certain this will do the job...
    Cool - that works, of course now I will have to periodically go back and repeat the process, but I can deal with that. Unless of course you know a way of not downloading the cover art in the first place