Thread: linking artists over multiple bands/projects/collaborations throughout his/her career

Default linking artists over multiple bands/projects/collaborations throughout his/her career

is there a way in orange to link all of an artist's/performer's work with all of the bands of which he or she was/has been a member over an entire career? without obliterating one or another artist (band) profile?

the line-up tab under artist profile seems to be only textual and not interactive.

the composer feature isn't helpful if the bassist (e.g.) didn't contribute to the composition...

the "other spellings" feature eradicates a related profile.

the new collaboration feature (although a wonderful addition -- THANK YOU!) doesn't seem sufficient, unless i turn every band into a "collaboration" of members...not practical, or even true.

random example: under the artist tree i'd like to be able to see all of joe strummer's work in one branch: as a solo artist, as a member of "the clash," as a member of "the 101'ers," as a member of "joe strummer & the mescaleros," and as a producer of a pogues album. etc. without losing any of the detail i've already entered for each.

am i missing something?

I want this feature very bad ... The lack of this function is a serious drawback for OrangeCD.

I have requested this feature several months ago. You can read my post here:

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7335[/url]

I got no input from Andrei and only one user agreed :-(

I would like to see this feature implemented too amongst other features which I have requested along the years. Most of them ended up on Andrei's wishlist !!!!!

However I think that Andrei's is doing a wonderful thing with OrangeCD and I am sure that it takes a lot of his time. Patience is a virtue; maybe the next update will have features the majority of us were waiting for.

What I find very negative is the lack of contribution from users. I use DVDProfiler for my DVDs and the community there is very alive. A lot of interaction in the forum plus lots of users' contributions (layouts/reports etc) available for download.

Joe
    Last edited by Joebugs; 08-04-2009 at 12:47 PM.