Thread: Editing genres and categories from scanned CDs

Default Editing genres and categories from scanned CDs

Hi all,

Just a "simple" question. I would like to use my own genre and category list, on CDs already scanned from freeDB, whose original genre and category are different.

Imagine "ABBA GOLD" album, whose genre is asigned to "Dance" when getting from freeDB, and I would like to change it to "Disco".

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance...

Yes. Go to library tab of the properties display and type in whatever you want for Genre and Sub-genre. You can use a genre name even if it isn't on the pull-down list

To add something to the pull-down list go to View -> Preferences -> Database (from the toolbar), highlight Genre and then click Edit selected list and do your thing. Genre and Sub-genre use exactly the same list.

Genre and Sub-genre are properties of albums and cannot (as far as I can figure out) be different for different tracks of a cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogi View Post
    Hi all,

Just a "simple" question. I would like to use my own genre and category list, on CDs already scanned from freeDB, whose original genre and category are different.

Imagine "ABBA GOLD" album, whose genre is asigned to "Dance" when getting from freeDB, and I would like to change it to "Disco".

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 07-29-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks!!!! It worked fine