Thread: Trouble adding double cd's to collection

Question Trouble adding double cd's to collection

Hi Im new to Orange cd so far all is good exept That
    Im having a Little trouble adding double cd's as one entry to my collection I have followed what it says in the help about creating a box set but they still will not merge into one entry I still have the 2 which makes it look like an extra cd The album I am having the most trouble with is Fleetwood mac Black magic woman some of the other double cds have merged just fine but this one keeps saying could not creat new boxset as one or more of the albums are already part of a set ? what am I doing wrong
    Last edited by Alan H; 07-20-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Just make sure that in the properties section (General tab) of each individual CD, the titles are identical. Also that "Part of multiple disc set" shows 1/2 for CD1, and 2/2 for CD2.

For those doubles that tell you they are already part of a set, simply highlight the relevant discs, go to the 'Tools' menu, and click on "Unmake box set". Then follow the instructions I gave at the start.

Hope this helps!

Oh, I forgot. You'll need to highlight the 2 CDs and click on "Make box set" to finish the procedure!

Smile Thanks For the Tip Blowers

This Tip has worked on some but not others Very Strange some albums are still not merging into one . O well I will persist untill I figure out a way

Cheers

Make sure the artist and format fields are identical, too. That can cause a problem. Don't assume and all discs are correct in freedb. That database is a good starting point but there are many errors in it. I've found the best approach is to correct the Title and Artist fields on one disc, then cut and paste them to the other discs. That ensures there are no "invisible" differences like the number of spaces...

Balok is right. You might want to double check that all your entries are identicals. Which is not often the case when you download these info from the web. I found that moving the data from one disc to the other by copy/paste function served me best. also do not forget to populate the part# box ,for Part of multiple disc set, under the general Tab. Good Luck.