Thread: Unable to create a txt report

Default Unable to create a txt report

Hi

I've been trying for the last 4 days to create a report from the export options and OrangeCD froze every single time. Has anyone experienced that kind of problem ? I want to create a list in order to share it with my friends and it's does work.

thanks for your time and help
    Jonathan

Jonathan

How far do you get in the process? Have you gotten to to the preview screen? Are you doing a brief report or a detailed one (or both)? Are you doing a report of all entries or just selected ones? Know exactly what steps you have done makes it easier to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by gouletjo View Post
    Hi

I've been trying for the last 4 days to create a report from the export options and OrangeCD froze every single time. Has anyone experienced that kind of problem ? I want to create a list in order to share it with my friends and it's does work.

Jonathan

Hi

Jonathan
    Can you try to export from Sample Database that was preinstalled with OrangeCD? I wonder if it's related to specific database content or size.

Also...

1) How long did you wait until giving up? If your database is big, it may take a while to prepare report.

2) Do you have Norton Antivirus 2009 installed? It may causes freezes in OrangeCD and other applications, as in [url]http://www.firetongue.com/kb/kb:kb001[/url] .

Andrei

Hi

My database is around 25 megabytes. I wait long enough and I don't have Norton on my computer. Is 25 mb is considered a big database ? I tried it again and i waited for 15 mins without any results and stop after 2 bars in the please wait modal screen.

thanks for your time
    Last edited by gouletjo; 07-09-2009 at 05:04 AM.

Do you guys have any ideas why I have this problem

My database is around 25 megabytes. I wait long enough and I don't have Norton on my computer. Is 25 mb is considered a big database ? I tried it again and i waited for 15 mins without any results and stop after 2 bars in the please wait modal screen.
    Try this solution, I believe it should fix it:
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showpost.php?p=12644&postcount=2[/url]

Andrei

I'm sorry to bother you again with this problem but i'm still stuck with the problem even after your little procedure. OrangeCD froze after two bars in the loading data procedure.

It's unfortunate because I want to produce a list of what i own in order to exchange list with my friends.

thanks for your help

I'm sorry to bother you again with this problem but i'm still stuck with the problem even after your little procedure. OrangeCD froze after two bars in the loading data procedure.

It's unfortunate because I want to produce a list of what i own in order to exchange list with my friends.

thanks for your help
    Is there a chance you can send me your database for inspection? I think it's something in your database that makes it so slow. I'm willing to fix it but I need to diagnose it first.

I can provide FTP server for upload if your database is too big for email.

Andrei

gouletjo,

Please check your private messages - I think I have a solution for the text export problem.

Andrei