Thread: Autocompletion on "Role" column question...

Default Autocompletion on "Role" column question...

I've noticed for some time a bit of, well, weirdness in the Role column on the Credits and Musicians tabs (for tracks and albums): autocompletion only works if you click (once) on the down arrow that opens the list of pre-generated choices.

Each section, ie. Authors and Performance, Production, Band Members, Guest Musicians exhibits this behavior.

It would be a step saver if autocompletion worked without having to open the list of possible choices.

I'd like to echo this and to have some rather quirky behaviour cleaned up.

If autocomplete is working and if you want to enter alto saxophone, it won't complete until you have typed "alto s". That's good, because it makes entering alto for a singer straightforward. But if you start typing bass (for a bass player or singer) it immediately autocompletes to "bass clarinet". Why doesn't bass work like alto? Similarly, drum immediately autocompletes to "drum programming" after typing dr and then to "drums and percussion" if you get to dru. Most of the time I just want "drums". Why does autocomplete too often go to the longest string first?

Quote Originally Posted by Balok View Post
    I've noticed for some time a bit of, well, weirdness in the Role column on the Credits and Musicians tabs (for tracks and albums): autocompletion only works if you click (once) on the down arrow that opens the list of pre-generated choices.

Each section, ie. Authors and Performance, Production, Band Members, Guest Musicians exhibits this behavior.

It would be a step saver if autocompletion worked without having to open the list of possible choices.