Thread: scan cd-rom not working

Cool scan cd-rom not working

When i try to add a cd by using scan cd-rom, amazon or free data base, i get an errors box stating - the system cannot find file specified. I have tried re loading version 6.3.2.13701 and have had no luck. Can anyone help. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholson View Post
    When i try to add a cd by using scan cd-rom, amazon or free data base, i get an errors box stating - the system cannot find file specified. I have tried re loading version 6.3.2.13701 and have had no luck. Can anyone help. Cheers.
    To try to help could you tell us what you have set up on the following pages?

View -> Preferences -> Internet
    View -> Preferences -> Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by nicholson View Post
    This is most likely MSXML problem. It's a Windows component that OrangeCD uses to parse response from different Internet sources.

1) What Windows version do you have?

2) Try to install the most recent MSXML3 (SP5) from this Microsoft location:
    [url]http://tinyurl.com/7z2rb[/url]

Andrei

Hi Andrei, I'm using Windows XP, but the problem corrected itself after a couple of days, but i will note your advice for the future, Cheers,Dave.