Thread: Is there away to add to the CD catalog entry a location of ripped tracks?

Default Is there away to add to the CD catalog entry a location of ripped tracks?

I've a catalog of my CDs. Recently I've copied a lot of tracks from my CDs to USB hard disk. How do I associate the location of the tracks on the hard disk with an entry about the CD in the catalogue?

If I execute Album>Add media files and point to the USB hard disk I get a duplicate entry in the catalog for every CD I've copied.

Is there a way to just add location of track files to the existing CD entry in the catalog?

Yes, but I suspect you need to add the locations individually. For each album, go to the 'record properties' MISC tab (right at the end), click on 'Add' and you get a drop-down to choose a folder location from. Once you move away from that record, and then return, it should work! You might need to close OCD and re-open, but I don't think so.

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Stary Kaszub View Post
    I've a catalog of my CDs. Recently I've copied a lot of tracks from my CDs to USB hard disk. How do I associate the location of the tracks on the hard disk with an entry about the CD in the catalogue?

If I execute Album>Add media files and point to the USB hard disk I get a duplicate entry in the catalog for every CD I've copied.

Is there a way to just add location of track files to the existing CD entry in the catalog?
    You need to do it individually for each album. There is no automated feature for associating old CD entries with scanned MP3/lossless music albums.

To do it manually, do what BLOWERS recommends. You do not need to restart OrangeCD or move away from record - it all should be updated automatically.

Andrei